STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS

Our task for this week is to find a topic for our Research Methodology class and the topic has to be on something that we are passionate about and related to our major. Since I am majoring in Educational Management & Leadership, I decided to focus on the management rather than the leadership because as told by my lecturer, there are plenty of researches on leadership. And also, lately I've been really into the management system of the academic institutions especially here in Malaysia as there were a sudden rise of news on the issues with the students and also the institutions itself and most of it are actually due to poor management system. But rather than to look at the management as a whole, my focus is on the school management system and its relevancy with the students with special needs. I never had any relatives nor experiences with special needs children, however I realised that these group of children have a very special place in my heart and most of them are being neglected especially when it comes to their education. Probably because we, Malaysian, have this mind set that these children do not need the same education as the normal children but rather the focus on how to survive daily life, which I is bogus. This is likely due to lack of knowledge because we are not really being exposed or taught about these group of children and also the ignorant that is embedded in us.

Anatomy of a Special Needs Child

Comments

Popular Posts